- Jan 7, 2023
- Orlando, Florida, United States
- 12715 Pegasus Drive, UCF Student Union, Orlando, FL, United States, 32816
Pegasus Ballroom First Floor of UCF Student Union
- Nancy Hartman and Sean Hartman
- WCA Delegates
- Carter Bitz, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, and Nathan Graves
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
-Please make sure your email associated with your WCA account is one that you regularly check, as you will need to see any emails the organization team may send out.
-Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
-Please review the Florida/Southeast Cubing tab for how to keep up with future competitions that are announced.
-Please review all other tabs for more information on the competition
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 200 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $45 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators are only permitted as companions of competitors.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If 200 competitiors are signed up, and you don't see your name as one of them under competitors, then you are on the waiting list.
If you are first/next on the waiting list and someone cancels their registration then your registration will be confirmed. Please, let us know as soon as possible if you are not able to attend to allow another competitor to attend. After the competition, all competitors on the waitlist will receive a 90% refund for the registration.
Once registration closes we may add additional round(s) of events as time may permit in the schedule or change the number of competitors to advance to the next round.
- Please make sure your email associated with your WCA account is one that you regularly check as you will need to see any emails the organization team may send out.
- To register for this competition, you must pay in full in advance through Stripe. Your registration is not complete until you pay.
- If you are having payment problems, please contact the organizers for an alternative payment method.
- To cancel your registration, please email the organizers with your name telling them you want to cancel your registration. You will recieve a 50% refund if you let us know before registration closes. If you are having trouble paying on the website or any other registration problems, please use the contact button to talk to us.
- If the competition reaches its competitor limit and when registration closes, no additional registrations will be accepted. No exceptions.
- Be aware, competitions are filling up very quickly. It is recommended to register as soon as possible once registration opens. If you would like tips on how to register faster, please let us know. You can contact organizers or delegates by clicking on their name on the information page.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Noah Swor won with an average of 8.06 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Alexander Persaud finished second (8.14) and Owen Brooks finished third (8.30).
North American records: Tommy Cherry Clock 2.97 (single).
|3x3x3 Cube||Noah Swor||7.37||8.06||United States||8.49||7.52||8.20||7.37||8.47|
|2x2x2 Cube||Santino Maiorino||2.05||2.24||United States||2.24||2.05||2.80||2.15||2.34|
|4x4x4 Cube||Pranav Kulkarni||26.69||28.21||United States||29.31||28.01||32.95||27.32||26.69|
|5x5x5 Cube||Carter Bitz||48.37||53.88||United States||53.93||54.76||52.95||55.84||48.37|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Tommy Cherry||18.70||DNF||United States||DNF||18.70||DNF|
|Clock||Tommy Cherry||4.04||4.94||United States||4.16||4.04||DNF||4.06||6.59|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 60 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|Clock||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue UCF Student Union, University of Central Florida, 4000 Central Florida Blvd, Orlando, FL 32816.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (January 07, 2023)
Group Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jP4rMVlANzSx-nXhNDw2PTa0ANqb-YQygsc4K2mSMpk/edit#gid=1212698466
Live Results: https://live.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/1905
Waiting List: Email Us
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for your events
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can, so if you do not arrive to compete by the event is ending your spot may be given up to the next competitor in the rankings. Due to COVID restrictions, we may utilize stationary seating. You will turn your puzzle in at your station and remain seated for all of solves in a round. You may not be able to compete in an event if you miss your group.
- Your Delegates for this competition are: Carter Bitz, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, and Nathan Graves. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events, we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - If you are in the first group of an event you will then judge the second group, if in the second group you will judge the third group and so on - if you are in the last group you will judge the first group. This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We will also need judges for the subsequent rounds which will not be assigned. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the Competitor & Judges tutorial.
- You will need to arrive on time to watch the new competitor introduction at 9:00AM.
- You can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial Video https://youtu.be/dPL3eV-A0ww
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask.
- In each event that we have multiple rounds we will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds(check the events tab for how many competitors progress, this may change prior to the competition). After a round is completed it will be entered into live.worldcubeassociation.org. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order with a last call during the last group. Please bring your puzzle up when your group is called. You will be required to judge in the group(s) you are not competing in. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call. *Due to COVID restrictions, we may utilize stationary seating. You will turn your puzzle in at your station and remain seated for all solves in a round. You may not be able to compete in an event if you miss your group.
Please contact us if you are interested - you must be able to staff for the duration of the competition.
Certificates/ Medals will be given for podium winners. We will also have a free raffle for 2 speedcubeshop gift cards at the end of the competition.
Here is a map of the student union: https://studentunion.ucf.edu/map/
The venue is in the Pegasus Ballroom located on the first floor of the University of Central Florida Student Union.
We recommend parking in Parking Garage H(which is the closest to the venue), but you can park in other parking garages if necessary.
How to Get to the Venue from Parking Garage H:
The closest Airport is the Orlando International Airport MCO (~20 Miles from the Venue).
This is the weekend before school resumes for the Spring and limited food options are open. For the convenience of the competitors and guests we have coordinated the following options in the student union food court for the day of the competition:
Bentos: 11am - 6pm
Steak n Shake/ WhichWich/ Huey Magoos: 11am-3pm
There are also many available food options within a close drive of the venue.
This competition is Sponsored by Speedcubeshop!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.