Chula Vista Winter 2023
- Jan 14, 2023
- San Diego, California, United States
- 820 4th Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91911
- Franklin Pham, Jonathan Ding, Michael Muething, Ruei-Chi Lai, Timothy Zhuang, and Trey Vu
- WCA Delegates
- Arthur Adams and Matthew Dickman
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is recognized as an official World Cube Association competition. Therefore, all competitors must be familiar with the WCA Regulations. If you are new to competing, please refer to the Competitor Responsibilities tab.
Please provide adult supervision for children under 12 years of age.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
This competition is part of the San Diego January 2023 Competition Series. Other competitions in this Series are:
There is a competitor limit of 200 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
We encourage everyone to register for the events they want to compete in via your online registration, however you may add events to your registration up until the event has started.
On the spot registrations will be accepted with a base registration fee of $25 (United States Dollar).
- Wait until registration opens on December 26, 2022, 6:30 PM PST. You cannot register prior to then. You cannot register after Saturday, January 7, 2023, 4:00 PM PST. No exceptions to these will be given. If deemed necessary, we may close registration early.
- If you have not competed before, create a WCA account here
- Go to the Register link on the competition website.
- Fill out the events you will be competing in, any comments you may have about your registration, and press register.
- Pay the registration fee via Stripe on the competition website.
Competitors MUST pay their registration fee before being eligible for a spot in the competition.
If the competition is full, a message will be displayed saying such on the competition website. If, after this time, you register and pay for the competition, you will be added to the competition waitlist.
If a competitor cancels their registration, the person at the top of the waitlist will be added to the competitor list.
If you are on the waitlist, you may cancel your registration (see below) at any time for a full refund.
If you are on the waitlist, you will be informed whether you have made it on the competitor list after Saturday, January 7, 2023, 4:00 PM PST, otherwise you will be given a full refund.
If you would like to cancel your registration, email the organization team with your request and you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee. Refunds are available only until Saturday, January 7, 2023, 4:00 PM PST
If you would like to edit your registered events or listed guests, you may do so on the Register page. This can only be done prior to Saturday, January 7, 2023, 4:00 PM PST.
By registering, competitors agree to the information in the Competitor Responsibilities tab. This tab details the responsibilites of all competitors at this competition. Not abiding by these responsibilities can result in disqualification.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Kavin Tangtartharakul won with an average of 8.38 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Michael Muething finished second (8.54) and Graham Johnson finished third (9.03).